- “The CSR Report 2020” is published with the goals of informing stakeholders about Sekisui Chemical Group's social responsibilities and the various initiatives in which it is involved to resolve social issues and of increasing public understanding of the Group’s activities.
- Sekisui Chemical Group’s long-term vision is to support the basis of LIFE and to continue to create “peace of mind for the future” in order to realize a sustainable society. Guided by this vision, we are placing particular importance on strengthening ESG management from fiscal 2020. This report focuses on the initiatives that will strengthen the ESG management base, including “governance,” “digital transformation (DX),” “the environment,” “human resources,” and “fusion.”
- The information posted here has been decided upon in reference to various report-drafting guidelines, based on internal and external surveys and third-party reviews, and in consideration of what is important for both society and Sekisui Chemical Group.
- “The CSR Report 2020” has been edited with an anticipated readership of all stakeholders involved with Sekisui Chemical Group, particularly institutions that evaluate ESG and long-term investors.
- In order to ensure that information is both comprehensive and easy to read, this CSR Report 2020, which contains all information relating to the CSR activities of Sekisui Chemical Group, has been centrally consolidated and posted to the CSR section of the Company’s website. The Report is provided in the two PDF and HTML formats. The “CSR Report 2020 PDF Edition,” which has the same content as the Web Edition, can be obtained from the PDF download page.
- The standards used for calculating the major reported performance indicators are compiled together and listed after each set of performance data.
- To ensure reliability, the environmental and social information in the Japanese version of the “CSR Report 2020 PDF Edition” has been assured by a third-party organization.
Guidelines Used for Reference, etc.
- GRI Standards
- The Ministry of the Environment’s “Environmental Reporting Guidelines” (2012 and 2018 editions)
- ISO26000 (Guidance Regarding Social Responsibility)
- 10 Principles of the United Nations Global Compact